Updated: Feb 27, 2019
If you love Gumbo and you love spicy, good for you and good for your soul food, then this recipe is for you!
After a 10 minute long debate where my husband and I shot down each other's dinner ideas left and right, he finally just threw his hands up and said "you just pick". Lol! I'm sure we're not the only ones who have a hard time deciding what to have for dinner!
So into the grocery store I went, with a craving for something that could be cooked with some soul! Bingo! Shrimp Gumbo!
This Gumbo turned out fantastic, and used Cauliflower rice to keep it Paleo! Try it out and let me know what you think!
1 Bag Frozen Raw Medium Shrimp
1 lb Diced Chicken
1 Package of Nitrate Free Chicken Sausage ( I used Nature's Promise Free From in Mild Italian)
1 Carton of Chicken Broth
1 10 oz can of Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
1 10 oz can of Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles and Habanero
1 12 oz can of Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
5 Cups of Cauliflower Rice (Frozen or Fresh)
2 Cloves of minced garlic
1 Bunch of Celery
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Green Bell Pepper
Cajun, Seasoning, Salt, and Pepper
Grass Fed Butter or Ghee
- Dice your Onion, Peppers, and Celery. And Mince your Garlic (if necessary)
- Thaw (& Peel if necessary) your Frozen Shrimp
- Thickly slice up your Chicken Sausage
1. Turn your Instant Pot to Saute mode, and put a pad or scoop of your butter in the bottom. As that starts to melt a bit, add your celery, onion, peppers, garlic, and sausage. Saute until the vegetables are softened and aromatic.
2. Add your Carton of Chicken Broth (4 Cups), the Diced Chicken, All three cans of the diced tomatoes, and your seasonings (to taste), and stir well. Then put the lid on the Instant Pot and set to "Sealing", and Pressure Cook for 20 minutes at High Pressure.
**TIP** to avoid a BURN warning be sure to scrape any cooked bits of the bottom of the pot as you stir everything together
3. When the timer goes off, do a "Quick Release". When safe to do so, remove the lid. Then, add your shrimp and your Cauliflower Rice. Stir well, and replace lid. Pressure Cook on High Pressure for another 5 minutes. Then Quick Release.
THAT'S IT!! Good Spicy Gumbo to heat your soul! ;)